Saturday 9 May 2015

Thoughts from Places: Vancouver

I really like Vancouver.   I always have.  Every time I come here I feel comfortable and at home.  Perhaps it is the city life combined with crazy tall trees everywhere.

First stop of the morning, Stanley Park.  Helen and I rented bikes and rode around the ocean wall.  Helen remarked that it surprisingly reminds her of Jamaica.  It is the sight of the ocean, the smell of the water,  and the giant trees along the shore line.


A lot of our daily lives are the same, regardless of where we live.   The difference is in the details.  Walking around downtown Vancouver is similar (if not a bit more hilly) to walking around downtown Toronto.   The detail is the juxtaposition of the city against the mountainous backdrop.




Helen has now been coast to coast



Love where you live and keep exploring.  

No comments:

Post a Comment