Sunday 29 March 2015

Star Trek Attack Wing

I finally got my brother interested in a miniature game.  I got him the Star Trek Attack Wing a year ago, and we just got around to trying it out a few months back.  We have been really enjoying it.  It's very similar to Star Wars X-Wing but Attack Wing has its own quirks that set it apart.

For example, the ship builds: lots of upgrades = lots of combos.  The other thing I really like is that every ship blister pack comes with a special scenario.  Maybe it is the influence of my recent games of Malifaux, but I enjoy playing a game where it is not always the goal to kill everything on the table.

However, the one thing that is disappointing with Attack Wing compared to X-Wing is the ship paint jobs.  Both games come with pre-painted plastics, but X-Wings appearance is far superior.   Then again on the plus side, I do enjoy painting...

Here is the first repaint, the Klingon ship from the starter pack.

Before:



  And  after a quick repaint:



Kevin


No comments:

Post a Comment