Monday 27 March 2017

There and Back Again: A Flames of War Buildings Tale

I took a little break from painting BMG for a bit.  The fourth edition of Flames of War came out recently.  FoW has to be the the game I have bought and painted the most stuff for but have played it the least.  Something I plan on rectifying this year.  And the people at Battlefront miniatures are making it easy.  You can trade in your last edition rule book at your local shop for a free copy of the 4th edition.  I like a company that rewards their veteran players (plus if someone does not have to spend the money on new rules, they can buy more toys!).

While I am working my way through the rule book I decided to finish up a piece of terrain I built a long time ago.  The very first post I wrote on this blog was about building some Flames of War buildings.  Many of my early entries followed the progress of those buildings.  About two years ago I started on a new piece.  I wanted to improve on those initial buildings by adding more detail to them.  I used a brick pattern plastic card  for the walls.  To save the time of cutting out the shingles I used some pre-textured card as well for the roof.


Then, for various reasons, it sat on the shelf, primed but unpainted.  Until this weekend that is.  Over all I am happy with the result.  By using the A-frame technique that I used on the Lucky Duck booth, I think I can improve even more on future buildings.  

Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment