Monday 20 March 2017

The Flash

My name is Barry Allen and I am the fastest man alive"...except that there have been like 4 other speedsters in the show that have been faster.  I guess it is just situational.

I finished up the sidekick for my Team Arrow crew, TV version of The Flash.  It is kinda fun to paint a model that is 90% one colour.  When I finished the red, I was basically done.  This version of The Flash is a little slim (especially when compared to the comic version).  I added a dust trail behind the Flash to make him appear a little more substantial (also I don't know how I would even paint speed lines).

The Flash will make an interesting addition to the game.  I don't really know how to use him yet.  The speed force powers are new to me, it is going to take some trial and error to figure them out.  I could use the Flash to grab objectives quickly, or to set up an ambush.  TV Flash also has "Speed Force Master", which allows him to use two powers a turn.  So I could make him more potent in combat by increasing both the amount of attacks and increasing his strength.  The Flash could also disarm a gun toting Henchmen for a round. If things go bad, he can also heal both blood and stun damage.

The one power that is unique to the tv version is the "Speed Force Bolts".  Which will allow the Flash to make a range attack on an unlucky foe that hits automatically, wounds on a 3+, and causes one blood and two stun damage.


However each time a speedster uses a power they run the risk of creating a speed force paradox.  Some powers are easy and can't trigger a paradox while others will cause one 50% of the time.  The paradox can be anything from taking some stun damage to calling the Black Flash to hunt you down.  Knowing my luck, I will be creating paradoxes all the time.  Which means I better get Black Flash painted up soon.

Up next is another model that is 90% one colour.  I will give you a hint, "(insert name here), you have failed this city!"

Kevin




No comments:

Post a Comment