Monday 23 January 2017

The Boy Scout - Superman

I finished up the first of my DC Trinity this weekend, Superman.  I have never been a big Superman fan.  I did not grow up reading his stuff or watching any of his cartoons.  I just never found him a very intriguing character.  When a superhero can do practically anything that they want it is hard to build suspense and risk.  Now take that with a grain of salt, this is only the opinion of someone who never read his comics.


Having said all that, I do find Superman interesting when he is juxtaposed against Batman.  The boy scout (as Batman calls him) beside the The Caped Crusader.  Superman's optimistic outlook is great compared to the stark pessimistic realism of Batman.  It was great in the Dark Knight returns.  I especially enjoyed it in Justice League: Doom (Batman speech at the end was great).  Batman Noel, in which Superman takes on the role of the ghost of Christmas present and Batman Scrooge is particularly good.  The bright warm colours of Superman set to the cold dark grey of a sick Batman was astounding.    

Superman saw some action earlier this week.  I played a beginners' game of the DCU/Marvel against Chris at Lords of War Games.  He used his Dark Avengers starter vs my Justice League Trinity.  It was a very cool game.  Superman is a beast!  It is very difficult to hurt him with his resistance/2 (and an insane health bar).  Combine that with the ability to inflict 6 damage by overloading his "super punch" attack.  He is definitely worth his 18 level cost.  

Kevin


1 comment:

  1. plus he doesn't mess around other characters toss barrels or maybe cars superman throws buildings

    ReplyDelete