Sunday 8 January 2017

2017 Hobby Challenge

I played more games and painted more consistently last year than I had in many of the previous years since my departure from Games Workshop.  I had no real goal last year, I just wanted to paint and play.  This year however, I wanted to push myself a bit more.  So I decided to participate in "The Lords of War 2017 Hobby Challenge".  

I set a modest painted model count at 75 models.  With the exception of the elite units in my Undead Age of Sigmar army, I am painting mostly skirmish games.  Here are some specific projects I want to complete.

-New Crew for Batman Miniature Game (Green Arrow/Law Enforcement)
-Team for The DC Universe Game (Justice League)
-Blood Angel Stormtalon (I think that is what is called)(I have been converting this model for years, time to put some paint on it)
-1500pts of Undead for Age of Sigmar
-New Gang for Malifaux (Death Marshals or The Latigo Posse)

I have also set an additional hobby goal, to paint both sides of the "Battle of Five Armies" box (not included in the above model count). I have had two of these boxes around since they came out.  The models are awesome and so much fun to work with.  In addition to the miniatures, I also have a bunch the Forgeworld Warmaster terrain that I want to paint up to go with it.  I would also like to play a game with the forces and terrain when I am done with it, so if anyone wants to try out an awesome game let me know.  

I would also like to try to write more.  I want to post on this blog at least every other week all year through.  I will also try my hand at writing some battle reports and perhaps a short story or two.  

Having said all that, I completed my first two models of the year early Saturday morning.  Two cops for the BMG.  I was thinking of painting GCPD on the back of the jackets, but decided against it as these guys will be pulling double duty in my Batman/ Gotham Police crew and my Green Arrow crew.  

While Batman is a beast in game, I have yet to win a game with my Batman crew.  I was mainly using Batman and Robin in smaller 200pts games.  With all my points tied up in two characters I had a tough time securing objectives as well as keeping enemies off their objectives.  The addition of some low reputation point henchmen (The cops) should help with this.  In addition, it will be nice to have someone be able to use "arrest" ability of the people that Batman pummel.  This will gain some extra victory points and ensure that those pesky enemies don't just pop up behind me.


2/75 complete, 73 more to go.  

Kevin

1 comment:

  1. theirs some really effective conversions for ARSENAL where you ditch the stupid baseball hat and use the spare tv arrow head on him

    ReplyDelete