Wednesday 17 October 2012

THE WINNIPEG GRENADIERS

Thank you to everyone that send me some links about my Great Grandfathers battalion.  I have learned a little bit more about it.

Apparently the "100ths Overseas Battalion" was part of "The Winnipeg Grenadiers".  This was their badge:

The 100ths Overseas Battalion was formed on December 22, 1915.  Within a few weeks of the original picture I posted was taken, the battalion disembarked for Great Britain (September 18th, 1916).  The battalion provided field reinforcements to the Canadian Corps until January 20, 1917.  At this point it was absorbed, along with 11th Reserve Infantry Battalion, into the newly designed "11th Reserve Battalion, CEF (Canadian Expeditionary Force)" 





Flames of War
I have been playing around with a different approach to doors and windows.  Here is a sneak peak.  I hope to be done around Friday. 



Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment