Friday 12 October 2012

100th Overseas Battalion's Roster and FOW buildings



Thank you to Brad, who found me a complete roster of the 100th overseas battalion.  On page 7 of the document my Great grandfather is listed, Private George Watson Finegan.  Very cool, a great start to find out more.

Back to Flames of War.  Buildings are a big part of the game, and the new system of rules have a few new additions.  I wanted to make some buildings that had removable levels so I could put platoons inside.  Key idea for this as well was to keep it cheep.  I used odd cuts of foam core.  To get a good frame without slipping while the flue dried I used push pins.   I used a little "L" plastic card to cover the edges and wooden stir sticks for the trim.    

The roof was made out of a cereal box.  The roof tiles were made out of the same box cut into strips and layered (very tedious, but I like the result).   


 To give the foam core some texture I played around with a few options.  I ended on watered down drywall compound (melted ice cream consistency) with a little bit of sand.  




Next time, Paint.
Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment