Saturday 5 October 2019

39 - Zatanna

While I was at Adepticon earlier in the year, I played in the DCU tournament.  I batted the cycle (win, loss and draw) and placed 3rd overall.  I got to choose a prize from a pile of donated items.  I went with Zatanna.

She was a model that I have wanted to pick up for a while, but just never got around to it.  She is also a wonderful character in the comics (I am really enjoying the current Justice League Dark title with Wonder Woman). 

I tried out some more shading and glazing that Dai Viet had shown me a few months ago.  Instead of going my usual dark base-coat then highlighting up; I went with a mid-tone base-coat.  I then added shades to the recesses and then added some highlights as well.  This is evident in the white shirt.  I also did some glazing with Incubi Darkness over the black/grey highlighted tuxedo jacket to give it a blue hue.

I also tried highlighting the face more naturally.  I focused my highlights to the forehead, nose, lips and chin.  Then added some red/brown shade to the cheeks for shadows.  I did the same for the legs but then added a few coats of Contrast Skeleton Horde mixed with Lahmian Medium to get the nylon effect. 


In BMG she is pretty amazing.  She is a free agent for Brave and the Bold, and she is a little costly at 108 rep, and $400 funding.  She has Leader level stats with Willpower 8 and endurance 7.  Defense and Special 4 is also very nice.


She has an incredible magical damage output potential.  She has a Magical Power: 6, and can use Elemental, Divination, and Eldritch.  This gives her access to both Magic Bolt and Eldrith Bolt, which could do a combined 6 blood damage in a single turn.  Then in the same turn she could also use her regular shooting attack that has a rate of fire 2, double blood, light, throwing, s-rage, magic, fire!.  If she hits well she could do 10 blood a turn to an unlucky soul.  She is also a Homo Magi, so she gets +1 to her magical power willpower tests.

With her Distort Magic trait, she can also stay safe while casting her spells.  It allows her to pick a spot within 4 inches of her, and she can cast spells as if she was at that point.  It gives her a bit more range to her spells, and she can do it from around corners. 

If the enemies get close, she also has access to Hover.  This would make her hit on 6s in hand to hand, but any knocked down effect or if she was KO will result in her taking double blood.  I know my luck, and it seems very steep price.  Though she does have access to the Magical Healing spell, so maybe it is worth the risk. 

I have not looked at her to in-depth for DCU.  She looks like she has some great abilities and some solid high damage magical attacks.  But she also looks a bit squishy and has a high level cost.  I will have to player her to find out. 

Up next is some stuff for the up coming BMG Megabattle on November 3rd.

Kevin


No comments:

Post a Comment