Monday 24 September 2018

91/100 - Rick "The One-Man-Machine Gun Nest" Flag

The final member of my movie Suicide Squad is done, Col Rick Flag.  This model came together fairly quickly.  It helps that he is mostly black, grey and khaki.  I got him finished just in time for Knight Models re-release of him in resin with a rules bump. 

With the new card, his stats and traits stay the same.  He does loose his "Knife" close combat weapon.  However his "Automatic Gun" increased its rate of fire from 2 to 3 and gained the Light special rule (A model can fire this weapons even when it is in contact with an enemy model).  I love this change.  Now for 2 attack counters I take 3 shots, dealing a blood and a stun with each (much better then 2 attacks with the knife dealing one blood each).  This also can combine with his Multifire trait (+2 RoF for 2 special counters).  So while engaged in combat, for 2 Attack Counters and 2 Special Counters, he can take 5 shots dealing a total of 5 blood and 5 stun damage.


Rick Flag does have a high funding at $500, but he can put out a lot of damage.  I am thinking of a list with him and Nightmare Batman.  Just a bunch of machine guns and blood damage.

I did get a chance to use Rick Flag (and the other members of the Suicide Squad) in a game of DCU over the weekend.  We played 60 levels and my opponent played the Crime Syndicate.  The scenario was Rifts.  It was a great game and very close, the Crime Syndicate managed to pull off a win in the last round by Owlman closing a open rift and Powerman killing Katana.  The final score was 18-16.  Rick Flag was fairly good in the DCU.  He does not do a lot of damage but he has a solid stat line for his level cost.  Stamina 9 with Soldier was very useful in this scenario.  His Leadership skill is nice too (if I had remembered to use it!)

The real MVP for me though was Slipnot.  He closed somewhere around 5 rifts himself and kept passing his endurance checks once he was hurt. 

Every time I use the Suicide Squad in DCU I am impressed with how well they preform.  While it was true that the only member that was not removed as a causality in the game was Captain Boomerang, I did manage to get every member of the Crime Syndicate (except Powerman) into the Light Blue or the Dark Blue (plus I only lost by 2 points in the end!). 

I am going to be switching back to the Justice League for my next two projects, Rebirth Batgirl and Nightmare Batman).

Kevin






No comments:

Post a Comment