Monday 30 April 2018

34 - A Different Kind of Hobby Project

I have taken a bit of a hiatus the last few weeks.  I think I got a little hobby burn out.  I did manage finish up a project that I had been thinking about for a while in that time.  I have always wanted to make a nice gaming table.  However room in the old apartment did not really make it feasible. Even with the new house I wanted to keep space in mind too.

The first way I though to help with space was to make the legs removable.   This had two benefits.  One: it is easier for storage.  I can take the legs off and hide it behind a door or couch.  Two:  I could put the table on top of my coffee table when we play board-games (sitting on the couch to play makes it feel more casual to me). 

I made the gaming area 3x3.  I have the old GW Realm of Battle 6x4 table and a fold-able 4x4 foam table if I need something larger.  I am playing mostly Batman and the DCU.  I also want to play some more Malifaux and Tanks!.  All of which play on a 3x3. 


However these games all have a lot of accessories (stat cards, tokens, effects etc) so I wanted a place to put these that is off the gaming area.  So I added a 1x3 section on the end of the table (it also serves as a place to put drinks and snacks).



I put on a few coats of stain and some more coats of varnish.  All that was left was to pick up a gaming mat for it, which I did last week at Lords of War Games and Hobbies

Now I just have to find some time to play a game on it.

I am feeling the itch to get some painting done again soon.  Not sure what I will start with.  I have been reading alot of Through the Breach material...maybe something Malifaux...

Kevin








No comments:

Post a Comment