Tuesday 2 May 2017

Scarecrow's Militia

I was finally able to finish up the first model of Scarecrow's militia today.  This was the first time I tried to paint a camo pattern on a model (well, since I was 15 years old or so).  While I am not entirely happy with the result, I don't hate it as much as I initially did.

I tried something new and it just did not pan out as I though.  I though it was going to be easy, and I was wrong.  I think one of the main problem was that I started with painting the model red.  In the end there was just to much camo.  This is one one of those situations where "less is more".  On the next henchman I started with painting the black, then adding select sections with the red camo.  We will soon see if it makes a difference.


I had a bit of a gap between Calandar Man and this first henchman.  I was not idle during that time, I was just working on a different project.  I picked up a pack of Blue Stuff from LoWG a few weeks back.  For those of you who do not know what Blue Stuff is, it is a reusable mold medium.  I decided to give it a try by casting up a few more jack-o-lantern counters to go with my Scarecrow crew.  I was very happy with how easy it was to use and the quality in the end.

The one in the middle is the original

The new Arkham Knight book is out now, and I am very excited about the new equipment lists for all the crews.  Cant wait to try some of them out during the Gotham City Map campaign at LoWG next weekend!

Kevin





No comments:

Post a Comment