Tuesday 16 May 2017

Militia Commander

I finished up the third henchman for my Scarecrow crew, the Militia Commander.  I tweaked a few details with the camo and armour on this one.  The crew is starting to come together.

One of the aspects of the Batman Miniature Game that has gotten me in trouble is the amount of traits characters have.  Most henchmen only have one or two special traits, not to bad to remember what they do.  When you get to leaders, sidekicks and free agents you might be looking at half a dozen (or more) each.  What I have been finding in my last few games is that I have forgotten to use part of some of these traits.

For instance the Mastermind trait.  I have been using it to roll two dice when solving riddle markers.  However I forgot about the second part of the rule, adding an additional "Take the Lead" counter to my side.  If I remembered to do this, it would increase the odds of me going first in a key round.

So i decided to make a one page quick reference sheet for my Scarecrow crew.  I wrote down all the traits my crew has in detail along with the book and page number.

It has helped alot,  I found that some of the traits that I seldom used did not do what I though that they did.  The militia commander that I just finished has a trait called "Kill Them!" (Henchmen withing 10cm of this character gain an addition attack counter, which can bring this above that models usual maximum).  I was confusing this with "Lets go!", which allows you to activate another model on a 4+ right after you finish with one.

If I had payed more attention to the Kill Them! trait, I would have kept him near the Brute.  Who does not want a 5 attack, mechanical, 2 stun damage Brute with Reach!

Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment