Sunday 20 December 2015

Happy Hogswatch Everyone!



For the last three years, at least, I have read Terry Pratchett's "Hogfather" every December. This year however I wanted to share it with Helen. We have been reading a few pages every night for the last month. With 30 more pages to go, we should be done in time for Hogswatch!

So, to coincide with enjoying the Hogfather again, I wanted to make a little Hogswatch display box. If you are familiar with my blog you'll know that a few years ago I painted up the Hogfather miniature from Micro Art Studios. I had picked up Elf Albert at the same time, but never got him completed. This year I would right that wrong.





I used a baseball display box for the diorama, and balsa wood with planks carved in it for the floor. The tree was re-purposed warhammer terrain. I used some beads I had lying around from an old necklace for the ornaments. The backdrop is just a fireplace picture I found.  All in all it came together fairly quickly. I would like to redo the backdrop and format it to fit properly though.

Hobbies this Week, in review:
 - Elf Albert (I am very happy with the 5 o'clock shadow)
 - Built a few models to be secret late Christmas presents (which I will have a mad rush to paint)
 - made my self dizzy playing Star Wars Battlefront

Space Marines, Batman, and X-wing in the near future!

Kevin

"You can't give her that!' she screamed. 'It's not safe!'
IT'S A SWORD, said the Hogfather.  THEY'RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.
'She's a child!' shouted Crumley.
IT'S EDUCATIONAL.
'What if she cuts herself?'
THT WILL BE AN IMPORTANT LESSON."
 - Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

No comments:

Post a Comment