Saturday 18 August 2018

80/100 - Gotham is Shady AF!

I kept telling Chris and Jay not to expand into Gotham, that place is riddled with crime!
With Sword and Brush only three weeks away I have been hard at work!  I am trying to get another dozen buildings made for the BMG tournament I am running on the Saturday.  It feels like every waking moment (minus the time while my child is awake) is being spent on making terrain (this is not hyperbole).  My very supportive wife has even jumped in to lend a hand!

We are making good progress.  I was able to finish 3 medium buildings and 2 smaller buildings.  I based them off the original foam core buildings I made a few years back.  Changed the size, shape and added some new details (like store signs).




I wanted to add some more smaller scatter terrain to the tables.  That was why I painted 18 cars last week.  This week it was trees.  But trees don't just grow out of the concrete in Gotham (unless a certain botanist is around).  So I made some stone framed tree beds to place along the streets.  They should add some interesting ping rolls and add some nice atmosphere. 



Finally this week I was able to build the last two boxes for my Plastic Craft Games Dark Carnival set; the Big Top Stage and the Circus Entrance.  I really love the plastic card terrain.  It is fairly easy to build and looks great when it is done.


I got the next 7 buildings drawn out and ready to cut, but that will be tomorrow job!

Kevin   

No comments:

Post a Comment