Tuesday 4 July 2017

"Can I persuade you to take a sandwich with you sir?"

A few months ago my friend Jordan came up to me while I was playing a game of BMG and handed me Alfred Pennyworth.  This was incredibly generous of him, and I am very grateful.  Alfred is a good henchman for a Batman crew, but he is also fairly hard to get a hold of.  He was originally only available when you pre-ordered the current edition rule book or for a brief time in January this year for the 5th anniversary of BMG.  I could not justify spending $75 on a rule book that I already owned to get the model though.  

I was able to get one more model done before I packed up my painting desk. It did help that, like Batman, Alfred was 90% one colour.  I tried to go for several variant shades of grey by mixing different colours (whites, true grey, bone) to the black for the highlights.  I even attempted the pin-striped pants and his comb-over.

I put Alfred on a base that my buddy Brad sculpted and made some molds of last year.  I figured Alfred would  be spending most of his time at Wayne Manor, and the mansion would have some nice hardwood floors.  Since Mr Pennyworth has the medic trait (2SC heal 1 blood or 2 stun damage), I added a healthy (or fatal) splash of blood to the base.  I think I still need something else on the base, but not sure what yet.

Now I will go and spend my time over the next few weeks installing my own hardwood floors, but hopefully with less blood.

Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment