Monday 15 February 2016

I Swear I was Working!

For all of January I was working frantically on my Stormraven. All my hobby time was dedicated to it. I got a lot accomplished (pics will come). However when it came time to putty and fill gaps in the ship, I hit a brick wall.

Lucky for me the guys at Lords of War Games and Hobbies gave me the perfect distraction. They asked me to run a Batman (BMG) game at their one year celebration. Of course I said yes. So I went to work on some markers for the big day.

The basic idea was a hero/villain beat down game. Everyone bring one model and we fight it out. I wanted to add a little something extra to catch the BMG feel. I added in two mini objectives as a way for the less "punchy" characters to earn points - riddles and loot counters.

Around Christmas I had picked up a few sets of lamp posts for a ceramic village. I figured that they would be a good size for BMG. I liked that the lights turn on and off, and wanted to keep that, so I disguised the battery pack as a military weapons crate (medium obstacle in game terms).


I was able to give them a try against Jimmy's very nicely painted Two Face Crew. Batman and Robin did not win the day, but it was very dramatic nonetheless. It is hard to secure objectives when you only have two models. Can't wait for a rematch.


I also kept busy over the last few weeks with a new hobby. Helen taught me how to use her sewing machine, and now I can make custom bow ties. I have a few done already. Here is my first one (of course it was going to be dinosaurs). So if you are in need of some unique neck wear, give me a shout!



Kevin

It’s not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing - Terry Pratchett



No comments:

Post a Comment