Sunday 21 February 2016

Batwoman and Joker Crew



I got some work done on two of my Batman (BMG) crews this week.  First off I finished up painting Batwoman.  She will be interesting to play in a game.  Her stats sit between a traditional leader and that of a Sidekick.  I am planing on using her in a 300pt gang with Arkham City (AC) Batman and AC Robin.  I imagine it will not be very competitive.  It will be hard to sit on and control objectives like ammo crates with only three models on the table (I guess I will have to depend on some good old fashion face punching).


I also painted some sewer markers (which my buddy Brad made for me) and a new objective counter, Ammo Crate.


With the Bat-crew completed (for now), I started work on my Joker gang.  I started with the cheep knife wielding clown to figure out a painting scheme.  This Joker henchmen has so much character, I really enjoyed painting him.


The plastic bases that come with BMG models are really nice.  I do have one problem though.  With the game taking place in Gotham city, everything tends to be concrete grey.  The bland base tend to wash out the model.  This usually is not a problem with other games,  add some grass or dirt here and there to add some colour (Gotham does not strike me as a place with nice lawns).  I found some playing card prints online, re-sized them and printed them on card stock.  I then cut them out and glued a few scattered to the base to break up the grey.  Plus the playing cards have a certain Joker feel.

Assault Riffle Henchmen and Car Door Henchmen up next.

Kevin

"He’d been wrong, there was a light at the end of the tunnel, and it was a flamethrower" Terry Pratchett

No comments:

Post a Comment