Saturday 28 November 2015

So We Begin....Again...

Sadly, I have had another prolonged hobby break.  I can't believe it has been a few months since my last post. Sometimes life gets in the way of living.

I want to make a habit of making new posts more regularly. I find when I give myself a deadline (like getting a model finished for the next blog post) I get more accomplished. So, taking a page from the "Hobby Night in Canada" podcast, I think I will do a weekly post about what hobby stuff I got up to during the previous week.  This may be new painted models, works in progress, terrain, or games.  

This week's Hobby, in review:

I have had some of Knight Models - Batman the Miniature Game figures sitting on my painting tray for a while.  One of the reasons I had not started to work on them was due to the gaps in the figures that needed to be puttied.  Knight Models make some beautiful figures, but they can also be a pain to put together.  My modeling skills are quite rusty (I have not used green stuff for many years).  

I dropped into The lords of War Games and Hobby and Jay let me try out some of GWs liquid Green Stuff.  It was awesome.  It is great for filling in the little lines around joins.  For larger gaps regular putty is still better (with maybe a thin coat of the liquid stuff to smooth it out?).  So I have spent the week getting Batman and the Joker crew ready to prime.  

While the green stuff and glue was drying I started work on another little project.  It is no secret that I love Christmas.  Helen and I have started our own ornament collection.  I even have a small 2 foot Nightmare Before Christmas tree.  Hallmark and the Disney store both produce collector ornaments every year.  

The Disney store put out a Jack Skellington Santa Claus ornament.  It is one of the worst repainted figures I have ever seen.  It was riddled with paint overlapping other paint.  So I decided to repaint it.  
Here is the original












And here is the repaint:













Next week...Batman...

Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment