Wednesday 4 December 2013

Granny Weatherwax

Granny Weatherwax is one of my favorite Pratchett characters.  I think I was first introduced to her when I read the Wee Free Men series.  Granny is a witch.  Witches do not have a hierarchy with leaders (that is wizards stuff) but "Granny Weatherwax was the most highly-regarded of the leaders they didn't have" (Pratchett, Wyrd Sister).

She is your stereotypical witch.  However she was been cursed with a full set of teeth and has yet to get a single wart anywhere; which for a witch is a real image problem.

I wanted a more natural black colour for the cloak.  I tried going about it a little differently this time.  I would usually start with a black base coat and highlight the edges.  This time I went with a dark grey base.  From there I highlighted up to a light grey on the extremities.  Then gave the who model two coats of Nulin Oil.  I am happy with the result, it has a more realistic black cloth appearance.   
 

“Personal’s not the same as important. People just think it is.” Granny Weatherwax (Terry Pratchett, Lords and Ladies)


“Don’t hold with schools. They gets in the way of education.”  Granny Weatherwax (Terry Pratchett, Lords and Ladies)

Kevin


No comments:

Post a Comment