Friday 31 January 2014

Christmas Gift Project - New Painted Tank

 This post is a little late (as you can probably guess from the title).  I managed to complete the project two days before Christmas.             

             Last year, for Christmas, I painted a Flames of War German Pather tank for a non-gamer friend of mine.  When later he saw my winter themed Germans, he kept asking for a "snow tank". What a better way to complete that request then with a new Christmas present.

              This year I wanted to paint something for him that was a vehicle but not necessarily a typical gun tank. I ended on a British half-track. I have always liked the looks of a half-tracks but had never painted one. I figured that the troops in the back would look great in a diorama.

              I used the same type of display box that I used for the previous tank. I built a little base and used some pre-made pine trees in the background. This was also the first time I had used decals.  The dessert rats symbol looks awesome so I used that one. It was a little finicky to get the decals to stay in place.  I used a little watered down Wellbond glue to help secure them.

              I added a little snow flock to some Wellbond to make the snow drift. For the trees I sprayed them with stiff hair spray and sprinkled snow flock over top.

             I hope he liked it.







 Kevin

2 comments:

  1. so did it just work out that the tallest tree would just barely fit or did you have to trim it down

    ReplyDelete
  2. the pack came with 5 trees in descending order, I used the middle 3

    ReplyDelete