Monday 21 August 2017

I Made a "Grave" Mistake

This title is incorrect.  I made no mistake. Instead I painted 5 graves.  I was gearing up for the second scenario in the Age of Sigmar Skirmish campaign last week.  The mission calls for 5 treasure hordes placed around the table.  The goal of the game is to explore the treasure markers and keep enemies off them.  Since Brad is playing Grand Alliance of Death, I figured grave markers would be very thematic substitute for the treasure markers.

I think I will end up making a small base for the graves.  Have it surrounded by a wooden fence and have the tombstones free floating (like the GW plastic trees).  I have always liked the look of terrain in fantasy games.  However in the previous GW fantasy editions, unless it was a hill, terrain was a pain in the but.

WIP - Ring Toss Game Booth
Age of Sigmar has a very different relationship with terrain.  It can be an intrinsic part of an army or it can be an impartial second opponent.  On the other hand it could just be there to look pretty.  I think I am going to work on some terrain in the near future starting with an new piece for my BMG Carnival table.






Kevin


No comments:

Post a Comment