Wednesday 20 July 2016

Age of Sigmar

It has been awhile, I think I got a little burned out working on those Batman buildings a few months ago and took a little hobby break.  But not un-like the god-emperor Sigmar, I have returned (all be it with far less lightning).

Hows that for a segue?

I have checked out Age of Sigmar before, but I never took the plunge.  Now with the new Generals Compendium, I decided now is the time.  Immediately I was full of nostalgia.  I was sitting in a shop, building an army, looking at the new models, and getting immersed into the lore.  I decided to go with the Forces of Death.  Partly because I have a lot of undead models that where built but never painted, partly because it was my first army.  The very first box of miniatures I bought was a unit of skeletons from Bushmans Games and Comics over 20 years ago.  Time to go back to my roots.

Jay from Lords of War Games and Hobbies was awesome to lend me his copy of  Age of Sigmar source book (as well as a couple of Morgast Archai!)  I wanted to read up on the new mythos.  He also helped me work out a 1000pts army list.  I don't know if it is any good, but it is a start.  

In the middle of switching to circle bases

Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment