Wednesday 20 September 2017

Teen Titans and WAR!

It has been a Batman-heavy few weeks.  There has been a lot of buzz about  BMG 2.0 and the new resin models.  I was getting really pumped to play both the new edition and the DCU!  I recently picked up the Teen Titans repack.  I really wanted Starfire and Cyborg for both games (and having a Kid Flash around is not a bad idea).

I have been finding that Superman in the DCU tends to be a lightning rod.  It is a lot of levels (at 18!).  I was also finding that I was having better success playing with my Suicide Squad team.  I like the play style of lots of lower level characters compared to a few high level ones.  So my plan is to drop the boy scout and put in Starfire and Cyborg for the same level cost.  


In the DCU Starfire can deal a lot of damage.  She can set off a 4 inch explosion each turn and has an impressive attack 8 attribute. I painted up Starfire first in anticipation for the Justice League War event at the Lords of War this weekend. Starfire is very top heavy (I am not making a joke about her anatomy) and kept tipping over.  I added some fishing weights to the base and camouflaged them with some smoke.

Also for the War event I painted up a Parademon to add to Darkseid's endless swarm!  I have only played against these guys once and they were pretty good.  They have a low level cost and don't die very quick.  Then when you do get them close to dying, they self destruct in your face.  It will be interesting to play against a never-ending wave of them this Sunday.

I also got some scatter terrain painted up.  I took the barrels from the Warhammer Empire cannon and filled with with realistic water.  I also painted up some oil drum garbage/recycling cans.

I found a cool youtube video that teaches you how to make mini garbage bags out of real garbage bags.  Super easy to make and they look awesome.  I made about 15 in an hour.


I am working on some objectives for the DCU event this weekend.  I got some Mother Boxes and Crystal Power tokens to paint up!  The clock is ticking...

 Kevin





No comments:

Post a Comment